Artist Terms and Conditions
1. Mount Eliza North Primary School will retain 25% commission of the sale price of all works/goods sold during the Mount Eliza Art & Design Show. Any commissions arising from the Mount Eliza Art & Design Show will be dealt with on an individual basis – commissions are contracted between the Artist/Maker/Creative (referred to hereafter as the “Artist”) and the purchaser. Mount Eliza North Primary School nor the Art Show Committee will be held responsible for any fault or issues arising from the sale.
2. The Mount Eliza Art & Design Show is open to Artists who reside in Australia and have an ABN. Invitation may occur, but is not necessary.
3. Payments covering sales of artwork will be paid to the bank account provided by the Artist within 30 days after the close of the exhibition.
4. It is the responsibility of the Artist to ensure all works/goods that form part of the Gallery and Gallery shop meet all conditions of entry.
5. Artwork submitted into the Gallery will also be made available for purchase online at mtelizaart.com.
|Applications open||17 July 2022|
|Applications close||21 August 2022|
|Artists notified of application outcome||21 August - 1 September 2022|
|Submissions due for accepted artists (including payment of submission fee)||23 September 2022|
|Delivery of Artworks and Gallery Shop products||
Gallery works: 15-16 October 2022, between 10am and 2pm
Gallery Shop products: 10-16 October 2022, between 10am and 1pm
21 October 2022, 7-10pm
|Art Show Exhibition||
22 October 2022, 10am - 4pm
23 October 2022, 10am - 2pm
|Gallery artwork available online||21-23 October 2022|
|Collection of unsold works||
Gallery works: 23 October 2022, between 3pm – 5pm
Gallery Shop products: 24 October 2022, between 10am - 1pm
6. To be considered, Artists must complete the Expression of Interest form available at mtelizaart.com. There is no cost involved to apply.
7. Artists may submit suitable works in more than one category.
8. Refer to the Key Dates for applications, which must be strictly adhered to.
9. Applications will be assessed by the Art Show Committee after the closing date.
10. Artists will be notified by email of the outcome of their application by 1 September 2022.
11. No correspondence or discussion will be entered into once the Committee has decided on the entries. Artists who are not offered to exhibit this year are encouraged to apply in future years.
SUBMISSION PROCESS FOR ACCEPTED ARTISTS
12. A submission fee of $45 is payable for exhibiting work in the Gallery and Gallery Shop. Payment of this fee is acceptance of the Terms and Conditions.
13. Submission fees are non-refundable and payable at the time of submission.
14. The Art Show Committee will manage the exhibit and be responsible for finalising all sales transactions.
15. Gallery artworks will be on sale for the duration of the Mount Eliza Art & Design Show and online at mtelizaart.com.
16. Gallery Shop products will be on sale for the duration of the Mount Eliza Art & Design Show.
17. If works are "one-off" pieces, the Artist agrees to remove the piece from all other sale platforms for the duration of the Mount Eliza Art & Design Show, so that piece is available for sale exclusively for the duration of the show.
18. If the items are "editions/multiples", the Artist agrees to ensure they have enough product to supply, if they still have the product listed on other platforms.
19. Images of all artwork submissions to the Gallery are to be provided to the Art Show Committee for the purpose of listing the artwork online. Details of image requirements will be provided by the Art Show Committee at the time of acceptance.
20. All entries must be the original and unaided work of the entrant whose name appears on the entry form. No copies and no retail goods will be accepted.
21. Fine art submitted must not have previously been exhibited at the Mount Eliza Art & Design Show.
22. Number, size and weight of entries permitted:
- Fine Art (including paintings, photography and mixed media): up to 3 pieces with a maximum size of 1.5m x 1.5m. Diptych and triptych will be considered one item and sold accordingly. Each painting is restricted to a maximum 12kg in weight - artwork exceeding these limits may only be accepted with prior agreement with the Art Show Committee.
- Sculpture: up to 5 pieces
- Products to be sold in the Gallery Shop: up to 20 unique items, but there can be multiple quantities of each unique item. Final quantity of pieces to be discussed with the Art Show Committee.
23. As the show is held at the primary school, all work must be suitable for viewing by children. The Art Show Committee reserves the right not to exhibit any works/goods that it deems inappropriate.
24. Artworks will not be accepted unless they are ready to hang with appropriate hooks and wire. The Art Show Committee reserves the right to reject any works where framing is not properly secured. Due care will be taken by the Art Show Committee however framing is the responsibility of the Artist.
DELIVERY & COLLECTION
25. Artists are responsible for labelling their own pieces with clear, typed labels. Unlabelled work will not be accepted. Further instructions for labelling will be provided by the Art Show Committee.
26. All exhibits are to be delivered in perfect saleable condition at the following times to Mount Eliza North Primary School, 6 Moseley Drive, Mount Eliza. Late deliveries will not be accepted.
- Gallery works: 15-16 October 2022, between 10am-2pm
- Gallery Shop products: 10-16 October 2022, between 10am-1pm
- Gallery works: 23 October 2022, between 3-5pm
- Gallery Shop products: 24 October 2022, between 10am-1pm.
INDEMNITY, INSURANCE & MARKETING
28. The Artist agrees to indemnify the Mount Eliza Art & Design Show and hold the organisers harmless in the event of the loss or damage whatsoever to the entered artworks from delivery of the artworks. The committee shall exercise all reasonable care in handling the artworks. The Artist shall be responsible for the insurance of works against loss or damage when in custody of the committee or in transit.
29. The Art Show Committee are permitted to photograph exhibits for administration and for the purposes of publicity and marketing, unless otherwise stated by the artist in the form of a written objection which must be received during the submission process. The Art Show Committee is not obliged to promote the Artist.
30. The Art Show Committee encourages each Artist to promote their art in the Mount Eliza Art & Design Show through their own social media channels.
Enquiries can be directed to the Art Show Committee here.